If you need to lease space or renew your lease in WINNIPEG, please listen to these wise words from Dale Willerton, author of Negotiating Commercial Leases and Renewals for Dummies, discusses negotiating tips for commercial, office, retail and professional leases or renewals.
- Create Competition for your tenancy
- Give yourself enough time – 9 to 12 months in advance
- Do your homework – and understand best time of the year to renew the current lease and renew in the next term
- Ask for more than you expect
- Evaluate the Real Estate role
- Measure the space
- Have the lease documents professional reviewed